What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey! This isn't a ventrata!

Sig

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes
Months ago, I got a tiny death cube nep with only one leaf. I assumed it was a ventrata, because...I thought all death cubes were. It was only today that I actually looked at it and questioned what it was. And BAM! Just like that, a ventrata I've grown for months that has grown 10x as big as when I got it... becomes a green sanguinea... or so I've been told.

My "ventrata":

There's a moral to this... but I'm not sure what it is.

Any of you ever find your plant had a mistaken identity?

:-))

Happy growing!

Agree that it's sanguinea

yea i had same thing happen to me but mine froze then after nursing it back to health it ended up being Judith finn

yea i had same thing happen to me but mine froze then after nursing it back to health it ended up being Judith finn

I bought a N. sanguinea from a non-specialty nursery, turns out it was a N. x 'Judith Finn.' But I'm not sure if N. x 'Judith Finn' has the speckles on the inside like yours did.

I got a N. x 'Judith Finn' a few years ago. Once it grew out a bit and colored up, it turned out to be N. sanguinea.

I guess when they are small and light deprived, they probably all look the same.

My N. ventrata was sold to me as N. alata. And of course, we have this stunning nep at Meadowview that was believed to be an eymae, but turns out to be the largest, darkest maxima we've ever seen. No complaints about that one.

I bought a N. sanguinea from a non-specialty nursery, turns out it was a N. x 'Judith Finn.' But I'm not sure if N. x 'Judith Finn' has the speckles on the inside like yours did.

Almost same here, except for I thought I was buying a N. alata

Back