What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Graham, I am planning to come meet you guys at the Rehder garden tomorrow. I'm short and will be wearing a red shirt. Might have some other family with me as they will want to go shopping in Wilmington afterwards. We just got down to Topsail last night. Drove through a lot of rain and guess what it's raining again. Better that than drought. But it keeps us off the beach.

Bobby, I get out to VIR a few times a year, too. I love the ribs at the track! So good! I love all the food at the tavern.

Wow! There are a whole lot of us right around southern Virginia. We all seem to be like 2 to 1.5 hours apart.

whoops I shoulda been more descriptive but there was a BBQ joint in danville....I think it was called sweet sugars or something like that.....home made hush puppies and all but agreed about VIR.......Love that track! I doubt the planets will align anytime soon for me to make a meet but nice to know there are more enthusiasts close by to trade with :)

Hahaha! I managed to escape with just one bite from the garden. But were the plants as awesome as you guys described?

Well, we found a solid red S. minor with pure saturation red windows! There were some really chunky ones, too!

hey welcome to TF! glad to see more people around this area :D My bf is from VA as well down towards where you are amusing thats the VA beach area, always if im ever down that way we should try and hunt down some of these bogs lol im sure something might have popped up recently that we dont know about lol

whoops I shoulda been more descriptive but there was a BBQ joint in danville....I think it was called sweet sugars or something like that.....home made hush puppies and all but agreed about VIR.......Love that track! I doubt the planets will align anytime soon for me to make a meet but nice to know there are more enthusiasts close by to trade with :)
Haha! You mean Short Sugars? They closed unfortunately. The new best BBQ in town is Checkered Pig. Excellent BBQ if you guys are ever in town. I will be more than happy to trade once I get some more plants. Nothing interesting in my collection right now lol.

Well, we found a solid red S. minor with pure saturation red windows! There were some really chunky ones, too!
Ohh!! Sounds beautiful! You guys going to post pictures?

hey welcome to TF! glad to see more people around this area :D My bf is from VA as well down towards where you are amusing thats the VA beach area, always if im ever down that way we should try and hunt down some of these bogs lol im sure something might have popped up recently that we dont know about lol

Lol! It sounds like we have enough people in this part of VA to have a meet up ourselves!

lets do it! i would love to come down and visit :) we are up in MD but not too far away, besides i like that part of VA lol

:blush:well i am a bit late here:blush: but i would also like to welcome you to the forum :-D, im not always on but do check in here from time to time , i am also in va .
i work in roanoke , but live in bassett min's from you
i am a member of the ccps. and am very happy to see more va members.

My sister used to play a lot of soccer games in Bassett lol! And I love going to Fairystone! So happy to see a lot of people that I'll be able to trade with!!

Well I'm back from my vacation now. I had wanted to get back to the garden to get better pictures, but never found the time. I'm sure the pictures I snapped pale in comparison to the cameras you guys had. Crappy point and shoot vs. DSLR... No contest there lol!

It's not the camera but the photographer

thats what my camera tells me when i get mad at it :p

Welcome to the forum! I second Wireman's recommendation to visit Meadowview research station. It's a wonderful place for CP's and conservation :). Lots of beautiful plants there in cultivation, as well as natural pitcher plant bogs.

We're going to be posting a lot of photos. i'm still processing photos from the first day....

It's not the camera but the photographer

Hahaha! The lighting plays a part in it, too. ;) Plus it didn't help that I was there when the rains were hitting.

Eeeee!!! I can't wait to see the photos, Graham!

I do want to get up to Meadowview one day. I'm not over in that part of the state very often but when I do go, I'll be sure to stop by. I'd also like to buy some of the Sars and Drosera they have for sale.

Let me know when you come to visit. Almost every Sarracenia imaginable is somewhere on the property. I may be able to bring along some extra Drosera, too.

Back