What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

here we go again

G

I got some small nepenthes in Alaska, and I don't know what they are. One has reddish leaves, pink tendrils, pitchers that are heavily spotted with red, with wide wings, and a thin green peristome. The other has thicker leaves with same coloration, red tendrils, pitchers heavily streaked with an almost burgandy, medium wings, and a thin peristome, turning red with age. They are probably hybrids ( and the same) but I just don't know. Catch you later.

Does anyone know what this is?

Well I have no idea what it is. A description is quite bland and it tells me you probably have a hybrid only. A picture would be a whole nother ball game though.

Do a google pic search for N.judith Finn, N. ventrata, N. ventricosa. It should be one of those.

Not judith finn, Same goes for ventrataall the red on the pitchers. Probably not ventricosa, with the wide wings, or leaf shape. Same goes for ventrata. It just might be alat 'spotted', but I'm not sure. What a mind boggler. A new nepenthes from Gubler's Orchids.

Maybe your right! In fact, I
'm sure of it! Dont you guys agree?

Your description sounds like conccinea.

that dose not sound like a conccinea I have a few N conccinea and they have more orange and very few spots if any
if it a Gubler it probably is a N. spathulata x maxima

just my $.02

might be able to post a photo of mine

The second plant sounds like a gubler's hybrid, maxima 'superba' x??.

Jeremiah, I was saying that since coccinea was mentioned it MAY be it. I never said it is the true to the blue hybrid. It may just be a form of a common hybrid like coccinea. But without a picture were're in a cave with a wet match.

I'm not saying that any has guests wrong and that all it really is a guess
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

I swear it looks like one of the forms of coccinea now that you mention it. And, just saw a bunch of them at home depot here in sandiago. I'm going to their website to find out more.

Back