What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here it is, august

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Checked the bog last night for the first time since I got back from CO and I found a bloom coming up on my leucophylla x umlauftiana.

So... Do I cut it off or let it bloom??

if it's healthy let it bloom.

it doesn't take much energy from the plant when it comes to Sarracenia.

I agree with JustLikeAPill, let the sucker bloom!
smile.gif

-Homer

Its August all right! A red s. X areolata just opened in the Citronelle collection, and its gorgeous! FORBES! Where are ya?!?!?!? Need an ace photographer. Bring Noah with you! The New s. alata "nigrapurpurea" leaf is turning red/black and is quite amazing. Citronelle White is sending up yet another leaf, hopefully with the fall pure white coloration. The flavas look like crap! Everyone else is going crazy. I love August! an' September, an' October!

I kind of get the feeling some of my plants think it's spring all over again. I have an oreophila that just sent up a flush of new pitchers, as well as a bloom. I think moving them from the greenhouse to outside in mid-May screwed many of my plants up. Don't anticipate any problems from it. just an extra long seasonl

umlauftiana.

......what on earth is that? Ive neevr heard of that sarr

Let it flower, the only flowers I take off from CP's is VFT flowers, every other CP uses very little energy to flower so why not let them?
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ Aug. 06 2005,1:44)]umlauftiana.

......what on earth is that? Ive neevr heard of that sarr
It is a complex hybrid.

Google it for more info

It seems most years there are a few weird late Sarracenia blooms. Mine have always ended up either not opening completely, deforming in some way or not finishing the development of seed.

Now I just chop 'em off and let the plant use it's energy elsewhere....

Back