What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here is a new one...

Hi,
My wife has a apparent relative who lives in NC and is going thu NE and wants to meet relatives.
He called to make sure he had the right email for her, and mentioned he went to pick blueberries, and they were all gone. He found the culprit and killed it...a 51 inch "black snake."
smile_h_32.gif

I was so stunned, I had no reply.
I assume it was a black rat snake, and to my knowledge, there is not a snake on the planet that is not carnivorous. Probably some kind of bird like cedar waxwings, and if anything, he might eat the culprit.
Maybe if I can meet him in a few, I will be composed and able to educate him w/o ripping him a new one.
What kind of crazy snake stories of this kind have you all heard?

Cheers,

Joe

I don't t think it was a blackrat snake. Sounds like they killed the Farancia baccivorous.

ROFLMAO! Ozzy, you kill me!

BTW - for those who don't get this one, blueberries are in the genus Vaccinium, making baccivorous (or vaccivorus) a 'blueberry-eater.'

I love pseudo-taxonomy; it's soooo much fun to make up names using Greek and Latin root words...

Actually baccivorous is just Berry eater. And Farancia is a mud snake.

I first used the name from a ring neck snake and when I googled it, I got a lot of sites that were not appropiate for this forum. I can't figure out why.

Back