What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!

Hi,
My terrerim is at about 95 degrees F right now, all ventilation are open, but it still maintains a 95 degree F temp. what should i do? Oh, how can i get high humidity without a humidifier? Thanks,
Kevin

I think you will need to track down the cause of the heat and correct it there.  Is it getting warmed by sunlight?  Are the lights inside and generating too much heat?  Is the room 95 also?  ( I am assuming your talking day temperature highs although you didn't specify. What are the night time temperatures?)

You shouldn't need a humidifier inside a terrarium for humidity if the top is mostly sealed.  If the top is off then yes you will lose most of your humidity.  

Tony

Yes thats the day temp, night is 75, to 70 degrees, the lights are growlights

stick a lil fan or facume cleaner pipe in the side and turn it on and put it in reverse so it blews not sucks and you can use a spray bottle for humidity or you could just put water in the bottom and seal the terra thats probly the best way

What type of lights are you using?

Back