What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am in desperate need of help with my scorpioides. I can't seem to get it to grow. It isn't blackening but when it makes a trap there is no dew and by the next day it has turned brown. The plant is still sending up traps though. I am growing it in a terrarium with 95% humidity at all times during the day. It may go up a tiny bit during the night though. Fine lighting. The temperature changes a lil bit from 80 to 85 during the day, but goes down to 67-70 at night. Inside the terrarium I am growing Pings, Nepenthes, and tons of Sundews and they are all doing awesome, except for this particular one. I live in Lubbock, Texas and the days have been hitting between 90-100 the past few days but our lows have been in the 50s and 60s at night and in the cool morning. The humidity is from 70- 90 in the morning but when 10: 00 hits it starts tumbling down and it starts to get dry and hot. The humidity during the day is mostly in the high single digits and the low teens. When the sun starts to go down the humidity comes back up. Just wanted to give you that information. What should I do with this sundew? I love it to death and I won't stop trying to succeed at it so I need all of your tips and helpful hints. Oh and Im 13 years old so I won't be able to buy all the high-tech lights and stuff that a lot of people here have to make their plants amazing. Thanks.

PS: From reading about the days here in Luboock, any ideas on plants I could grow outside? I currently only grow some flytraps and those do fine but that is about it. Thanks!

-Ryan

Are the plants in individual pots or planted in a landscape kind of deal? I am taking a bit of a wild guess here and going to suggest that the roots are too wet or not in a sufficiently well drained mix.

I am also assuming your using proper water.
Tony

I ordered the plant from Cook's. There are three plants in one 3 inch pot. I use distilled water on all of my plants.

I would repot this plant into a large white plastic pot(6-10in) and grow the plant outdoors. Use a shade cloth(50-70% shade). The humidity is much too high. 30-50% humidity during the day is best for these plants. I grow all my pygmies outdoors in Southern CA(weather similar to some parts of Texas).

This species needs some attention to watering properly. I allow my plants to dry to just moist before I water them, and do not leave them sitting in tray water.

Back