What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!

Hi all!

I've got 2 D.falconeri are going to flower soon. Has anyone had any success selfing these plants?

Thanks!

Regards,
Hong Yee

Moved to Sundew topic where you can get tons of help!
biggrin.gif

This species is new to my cultivation, so I am unsure. However, most of the petiolaris are not autogamous, and indeed often require 2 different clones to achieve fertilization. I have sent inquiries to others who grow this, and will post the replies if and when I get any. I have heard the plant needs a short period of increased dryness after flowering, so you might want to consider a reduction in the watering schedule after it flowers. Good luck, and please keep us posted on how it goes.

Thanks for moving my post!
smile.gif

I will keep you guys posted on how it goes. The 2 plants were from the same person, so they *might* just be clones. Still, I'll try a cross-pollination and a controlled selfing and post the results here.

Regards,
Hong Yee

I have a reply tonight to your question: Drosera falconeri requires 2 clones for successful pollination, if both are from the same source this is unlikely to be the case.

Back