What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with pest ID.

Carnivoregon

IG carnivoregon_official
Hey I have some little N. attenboroughii seedlings that I just noticed have some small white bugs running around in there. I was thinking maybe aphids or something any help is appreciated. 20150204_131958.jpg

They appear to be springtails.

Much appreciated Johnny.

Here is another shot of them hanging around by the growth point of the plant.20150204_134523.jpg

Those on the plant there are not springtails. I'd treat them just in case.

Look to me like they could be spider mites. They sometimes spin webs, and they can cause the kind of damage, like that seen in your first pic. They are the plant pest that have caused me the most grief, and they are the most difficult to deal with successfully.

If you use a good magnifying lense, they will look similar to ->
spidermite.jpg

Last edited:
Much appreciated Joseph! They are indeed spider mites, great guess from my bad pics. I was able to get a better look at them without the camera and was able to identify them. Gonna dunk the seedlings in neem and repot, then give all the rest of my neps a good coat as well.

Back