What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help w/ ID

Found some unidentifed Nepenthes @ a local nursery coop here in Honolulu.
Am still new to CP so want to get an ID.
Mahalo
697f07d702b75a64997b311c23f46a84.jpg

ecdd3bd7056e10929b7c86b6c10ed70e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a n. ventrata, a pretty common hybrid found in garden and nursery centers. If you want to start with nepenthes that's a good individual to pick up, it seems to be well grown. If you ever get the serious nepenthes bug one of the biggest nepenthes nurseries is actually located in Hawaii.

It's Nepenthes ventricosa x alata, probably the most common Nepenthes you can find.

That was quick[emoji39] Thanks everybody for ID

The common "x ventrata" is not actually alata x ventricosa as Tanukimo suggests, but graciliflora x ventricosa; the "ventrata" title was given before it was recognized that graciliflora and alata are two very different species though.

The common "x ventrata" is not actually alata x ventricosa as Tanukimo suggests, but graciliflora x ventricosa; the "ventrata" title was given before it was recognized that graciliflora and alata are two very different species though.

So, "ventriflora"[emoji12]

No, best not to create any more false names.

Yeah, I know, best not muddy the waters

Nope, It is nepenthes edwardsiana var. "toothless"

Back