What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im recieving this plants as beginner plants..
Can you tell me little how to grow them please!??

Drosera adelae
Drosera prolifera
Drosera binata "New Zealand Alpine Form"
Drosera capensis "Giant Form"
Drosera capensis "All Red Form"
Drosera aliciae
Drosera filiformis var filiformis ”Florida Giant”
Drosera regia

D. prolifera & regia as beginner plants? Hey, I'm a beginner! But seriously folks, I have all of the others and they are real easy to propogate, utilizing a variety of soil combinations. Personally, upon receipt, I would prepare a pot for each, with some sort of lid/covering, to deal with shipping stress/shock. I normally mix sand & peat, and add LFS on top. I rinse all my media and use the "open tray" method, at southish-facing window sills. For the first couple days I keep covered and away from direct sunlight. After that I open them up during the day and cover by night for another couple days. If all is well, they should be able to be opened up 24/7 and placed at the window sill. Don't worry about loss of dew on existing leaves. It happens. Look for new growth. As long as you see that, things are okay. Enjoy!

Thx ! Prolifera and adelae is going in with my lowland neps :p
And the other ones is going in small terrarias in my windowsill

I do the same with the Utrics you mentioned elsewhere.

Will prolifera and Adelae stand temps about 30 C? or 90 F?

I can't speak for the prolifera, but my adelae have been on mid-to-upper 80's all summer, open tray.

my d adelaes are standing in 34 degrees heat in singapore's weather with all day sun... doesn't seem to complain much at all...
smile.gif
and with the sun's direct rays, it can get burning hot, especially in the afternoon...

D. prolifera grows very well for me in a terarruim well away from the lights. I think it is a bit more tender than D. adelae.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TyFone @ Sep. 15 2005,9:16)]Will prolifera and Adelae stand temps about 30 C? or 90 F?
My Adelae can and has taken 100+ temps. The dew kinda goes away but even at 100+ it can still catch things. It will be fine.

-Rail

Back