What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help,,,I got bugs on my bug eaters

well got home from work today to find what look like to be aphids in my sundew plants and a strange hair like fungus,,,is this bad,,,,help me please...If I have to I will pull them up to save my pitcher plants but I have been growing the both in the same pot for over a year now.
RSCN7069.jpg

RSCN7068.jpg

DSCN7066.jpg

RSCN7070.jpg

The Dew (which looks like a capensis, or what was one anyone) is probably toast, but it might come back from the roots or even continue to grow, you need some form of fungicide (which i havent a clue what would be best as i just use neem for everything now)

as for the aphids, if you can track some down, orthene works wonders....but dews dont seem to like it much, the sarra wont mind...you could also try submerging the plants for a few days and see how that works out for you...another good pesticide is merit, though its a bit pricey....you could also use bayer rose and garden from what i understand with great results....

well would it be smart of me to just pull up the sundews and replant the pitcher? I don't mind

its all up to you rock, personally i would ditch the cape and replace it (they are really easy to get most anywhere) and if you feel repotting the sarracenia is necessary, then that is up to you....
the sarra should be fine, but if you do repot it, when you remove it, wash off the plant as thoroughly as possible to remove as many aphids and as much mildew/mold as possible...

Back