What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!! Dead dew needs replacing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea what caused it, but my adult D. admirabilis has kicked the bucket. It was a small adult clump.. so that's what I am looking for. If you can help me with a replacement, just let me know what you'd like in return.

Those often come back from roots. Don't count it out yet.

I haven't. It's still in the GH.. but I'd rather be safe and bring in another just in case.

Never heard of admiribillis doing that...have heard of cuneifollia doing it though? Mine is actually doing that now. I'm keeping it on the dry side until the weather cools down.

According to Tamlin, D. admirabilis was long considered synonymous with D. cuneifolia until Dr. Gibson, Christian Dietz and others produced enough convincing arguments that it was a species on its own.

Sorry I gave away all my cuttings from this year. I might have some seed in a few weeks but they produce very little seed. The plants seem to prefer to clump. Different form anyway.

You might try digging up one of the roots and laying it out horizontally which seems to stimulate growth points.

Last edited:
Found a small leaf cutting from the ever so generous Anna.. but I'm still hurting for an adult plant. Anyone.. anyone? :cry:

Still looking!! Willing to trade generously for an adult plant or two.. OH, and searching for D. ascendens as well.

How tall was the dead skirt on your admirabilis

lol im sending you the leaf cutting and the extra plant i have growing next to the mother :) too bad its not an adult yet though

lol im sending you the leaf cutting and the extra plant i have growing next to the mother :) too bad its not an adult yet though

I missed the extra plant part.. but post #6 does make mention of your generosity. ;)

yes i know hun :) just thought i would throw in that somewhat smallish plant

Well I appreciate it. Yet another sign of your overwhelming generosity. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back