What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! color conflict

I cant decide...see, at first i had a whole range of bright green plants picked out, like a vivid rainforest. but then purple foliage caught my eye and i want that instead, purple and white plants. it would be beautiful, but alas! my moss and aquatic plants ruin the color sceme, being splotches of bright green. does anyone know if there is purpleish or cream-white ish moss and aquatic plants?

here is a pic of one of the purple plants that caught my eye.

I have no idea on the moss issue... however, purple and green do go wonderfully together. Possiblytake your original choices and add just one or two darker greens to offset a few (emphasis on few) of the purplish ones?

Don't a lot of lily pads have colored flowers? You could find a purple one.

Now color coordination is an area that embarrasses me! ". I wouldn't know coordinated from clashing. My wife takes care of that. But now my oldest son and daughter have to "dress me".
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Well I would not worry about it. Plants all look good together (except purple and red) but if you like them get them.

Purple and green can go together. Think about a lavender bush, or purple hyacinths, or the Incredible Hulk. Get a maranta - it has leaves that are green and purple; then you'll have something to tie the colors together.
~Joe

No true mosses in those colors but you could find low creepers inthose colors. Like Phlox. Coleus can tie any color scheme together.

Joe

There are also aquatic lilies with reddish-purple leaves.

we have one of those in our garden, sold in garden centres nationwide here
smile_m_32.gif

Selaginella uncinata is a cool spreading fern that has some cool color under good light. it really looks neat when you put a green species from the same Genus, such as S. kraussiana, beside it. both are currently availible from Cloud Jungle Epiphytes here. Harry W. has other cool teerrarium type plants availible and is a really nice guy

Back