What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Cep. in danger!!!!!!

• Thread starter nep boy
  • Start date
my cat has knocked over my cepaloutus and it was brand new.
the plant its self stayed in the pot,but im scared that sence its young and new
it might die.:-( :-( :-( :-( :-( .please reaspond.if necarry ill put up pictures.just ask

Um... Hi! But if it is still in the pot I would imagine that it is ok. Pics are always a help but unless something snapped or the roots were greatly disturbed I would imagine that it is ok. I'll let the experts give the final say though. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck!
-J.P.

my cat has knocked over my cepaloutus and it was brand new.
the plant its self stayed in the pot,but im scared that sence its young and new
it might die.:-( :-( :-( :-( :-( .please reaspond.if necarry ill put up pictures.just ask

Hmm...It might be ok. Although it's young and new dropping it might not do much harm. If it's healthy, it'll get over it. Just incase, add a little of superthrive for encouraging new growth, that usually helps transplanting plants get over shock. I dropped my Sarracenia rubra once and nothing happened. Only time can tell you.

PS: I'm not sure how to use superthrive though (so maybe you might not want to use it if you have it), do you use the actual liquid or do you make a solution? Anyways, good luck.

PSS: Naughty kitty! :nono:

I wouldn't worry too much about it unless there is damage visible. I find Cephs to be a lot hardier than most people give them credit for. Posting pictures however would definitely help. Good luck.

Daniel

P.S. Welcome to Terraforums :).

agreed. itll be ok. ive dropped, repotted and let my big ceph dry out too long with literally no side effects.

welcome to TF!

Alex

don't worry...if the plant was well established and growing fine before this accident...it will pick up in no time.

If you broke some roots, the plant might just react by closing the lids on its pitchers to conserve water. At least you can blame your cat, I was the one to knock my pot of Ceph over. :-))

Welcome to TF!

thanx guys.you have been so nice to me if anyone needs something or other advice,just pm me and ill get it to you in a flash

Yeah it should get over it fine. I drop my Judith Finn all the time.

Yeah it should get over it fine. I drop my Judith Finn all the time.

i heard they are quite temperamental and will die if not dropped frequently/properly :-))

~b

Back