What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello :)

Hello!
My name is Samantha (sam). I live in Anaheim, and I love plants! Sadly, I live in an apartment so I can't have a garden. But I do keep a lot of potted plants. One recent addition, is my Venus Fly Trap. Which is why I joined this forum!
smile.gif
I'm not much of a green thumb, but my grandma is. Her balcony is full of plants!

What else? Hmm....I like making friends, so feel free to pm me
smile.gif
. I also love music, my favorite band is the White Stripes.
And I read, a lot.

welcome! just watch out for the members with a bad sense of humor(NOT YOU JIM!)
Alex

Hahah, don't worry. I'm used to them. I come from a forum with people who rip up newbies...but they're nice.

rip up newbies...we dont have to many of them here.
Alex

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Oct. 15 2006,1:02)]rip up newbies...we dont have to many of them here.
Alex
We've had 23 people join since the beginning of the month. Not a lot but it'd be nice if more of them posted.

Welcome to the forums Sam! We don't generally make a habit of allowing people to rip newbies or anyone else for that matter. We figure if a person can't be nice even when they disagree, then we prefer they be gone. For the most part it works.

There's a search feature for the forums at the top of the page that will allow you to search past topics so you can find info and answers to common questions. Or you can post your question on the forums. Have fun and enjoy!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Oct. 15 2006,2:34)]welcome! just watch out for the members with a bad sense of humor(NOT YOU JIM!)
Alex
LOL! Deja vu!

Anyhoo, welcome to TerraForums and feel free to ask questions. As BigCarnivourKid (BCK / Steve) suggests, we have a tolerant approach. Occasionally, someone says something inappropriate and the Moderators will deal with it, privately and simply. It is very rare that a situation gets too far out of hand. We're here to help one another and also have fun. This forum is like an extended family... a community.

Enjoy the plants and enjoy the people!

Hey there Sam.
Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time here.
Lois

Hi Sam

Welcome to TerraForums! Lots of NICE people here.
smile.gif

Feel free to ask any questions you like...or surf the forum for info. And LOTS of people grow their plants indoors in windows or balconies so don't let an apartment stop you from having a great CP collection. You can always grow them inside under a cheap light set up (or sunny window).

I think you need to add a sundew to go with your flytrap.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (WalshFerdinand @ Oct. 15 2006,2:15)]Hello!
My name is Samantha (sam).
I forgot to mention it, but we also live in an apartment and the downstairs tenant has a 17 year old daughter thay is also named Samantha, Sam, for short. And my very first car, a hand-me-down from my parents was one that I called Samantha.

Hi Sam,welcome to the forum!

Jerry

Pay no attention to JimScott. He is addicted to CP and hallucinates frequently!!!! (Hi, Jim!) He hasn't graduated to taking his CP intravenously, but that will come in time! TRUE ADDICTION! Welcome Home, Sam!!!!!

Hi Steve!:-D

Oh! So now you folow me!!! Glad to hear from you, James!

Back