What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello all, well i'm 41, married, two kids, a dog, three cats, two cockatiels, three cockatiel eggs, one Russian tortoise, eight baby box turtles, and an assortment of carnivorous plants. My love for CP's started 32 years ago when my grandmother bought me a childrens nature book (I still have the book) that had a venus flytrap, I was hooked. Sarracenia are my favorites but I have several kinds ( check my grow list) and all are my babies. My wife thinks I'm a little weird but for the most part enjoys my hobby as well ( she bought my Darlingtonia ten years ago for fathers day). I live in zone 7 in western Oregon, weathers great for all my plants ( especially the cobra lilly) so I keep most of them outdoors. My first real success started ten years ago with my first Sarracenia, S.luekophylla and thanks too terraforms and all the participants in the forum I'm able to grow these wonderful plants that I love.

Wow, you got a friggin zoo. You have been here for a while so I guess I don't need to welcome you.

Hijack! I mean, Hello, Jack, and welcome to TF! Yeah, what a menagerie you have! I've got some of the same variables - one wife, four kids, and one kid. I'll trade ya kids for cats....
smile_m_32.gif

Greetings and welcome
smile.gif

I don't know how close it is to you, but I worked the Trojan nuke (while it was still operational, of course). Lived in St. Helens, hung out in Portland. (actually, my favorite city in the world) I always say that that area of the world needs only to be warmer to be absolute paradise. Watching the change of colors on the hillsides day-to-day, due to changing wildflowers coming into flower, reveling in the almost sufficiency of rain - golly, it's heaven!
Your household sounds wonderful. All critters are great, but cockatiels are special. I don't know if you've ever raised them from eggs, but you're in for an extremely demanding, and ultimately extremely rewarding, experience. (probably similar to raising human young, so I'd guess you're ready for it) A hand-raised cockatiel is one of the sweetest critters alive.
Anyway, welcome!
smile.gif
Hope you enjoy your time here.

Hello Jack

Welcome to the forums. What a great menagerie! You're definitely in the right place. Plant lovers and animals lovers abound.

You're lucky...you don't have to struggle with your Darlingtonias. lol

You should post some photos of those scenes you mentioned. We love photos.

Glad you like it here and hope you hang out with us CP-aholics.
smile.gif

Back