What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from india

Dear Group Members,

I am a member from India. I am a carnivorous plants hobby grower. Gardenning started as hobby for me about an year ago but I needed all unusual plants and it required money to import the same from out of India, so I started selling Asian native seeds, seedlingsna d plants to finance my hobby.
Now I am comfortably being able to finance my this hobby.

I own a small web design and development Company here in India.

We do not get carnivorous plants here in India so have to get from other Countries.

I am interested in getting live carnivorous plants from all of you n return for other seeds, seedlings or plants or I may extend my services to pay for the plants that you send me.

PLease let me know if anybody is interested.

Thanks in Advance.

Pramod Agrawal.

Hi Pramod, and welcome! I'm not really sure what is required to ship overseas as I am in the US. We recently had an auction here, you may have seen it, but most of us were only shipping within the US.

Do you have any carnivorous plants at this time? If so, there is also a topic called 'grow list' where you can post yours for viewing, and you may view others as well.

I hope that you'll stay for friendship and share your experiences in the various topics, both here in General Discussions, as well as plant specific topics.

Thanks for the reply.
I do have a few sarracenia and flytraps with me. I imported them from a USA nursery and had no problems receiving them.
Can you send me a few plants by express mail? I can pay for the postage.

Pramod.

As I said before, Pramod, I'm not really sure about what is needed to ship out of the country. I heard something about phytosanitary certificate at a cost of $75 or more. I won't just send mail unless I know what the rules are. Since you're asking for plants to be shipped from the US overseas, would you find out the costs associated and let me know. I guess we would need to arrange that, and how you would pay those costs, before any exchange occurs, and I'm only willing to exchange plants for plants, not seeds. Since you have Sarracenia, and that is my interest, would you post your grow list?

It seems that it is going to be tough for me to get plants from USA.
Would anyone like to send me seeds?
Thanks in advance.
Pramod.

Hi Pramod

Welcome to the forums.
smile.gif
I hope you stick around and make some like-minded friends.

But I must inform you that buying/selling plants through the forums is against forum policy. Although we have few rules here other than "Be Nice," this forum is generously supported by a CP nursery business and so we have to have rules regarding members selling plants.

However, we do have a separate forum devoted to trading or giving away plant material. The rules for the Trade Forum are pinned at the top of that forum. I'd recommend you review those rules before participating. We want to make sure all our members are respected and protected.

I certainly understand your desire to acquire plants and I know it can be hard when you live in certain countries with all the import/export laws and phyto rules.

Welcome aboard!
smile.gif

Pramod, I just want to tell you that if there were an easier way, I would be happy to swap plants with you. It just seems so tough to do anything nice anymore. Stick around and enjoy the friendships you'll make here. The people are great, and we'll enjoy getting to know you.

Back