What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Fort Worth Tx

Hellos everyone,

My name is James Hall, I live in fort worth texas right now. I have always dabbled with CP but never done really well. I am planning on trying some Sarracenia outdoors this summer in some bog gardens and seeing how they do. I hope to meet up with other CP fans in the area and swap plants someday.

Howdy friend

Welcome to the forum, if you have any questions this will be the place:-D, and if you have answers , I'll b looking you up:blush:

Welcome to TF! Go Cowboys!

Welcome to TF James. If you need Capensis seeds I can offer you some. They are very easy to grow and flower fast. Good if you are starting CP'S. :-D

Welcome to TF James!

Thanks everyone. I am excited to try growing some CP in an area where the should do ok outdoors. I am slowly getting some nice looking larger pots and planters for bog gardens, have to look nice or my wife wont want them around the house.
In them I am going to try some S. leucophylla and maybe some S. minor. I would also like to try to keep a bog of Drosera in with some Venus Flytraps. Nothing to fancy yet just playing with where they do the best in the yard and things like that. I will post up some photos when I get them all filled in and looking nice.

hello from central texas! though texas is BIG, there arent too many CP'ers, glad to have another :)

you'll be surprised at how easy it is to keep sarracenias in texas :)

~billy

Thanks Miguel, I am hoping to be in your neck of the woods in a couple of years. My wife has family in San Diego and both she and I really like the areas around San Diego.

Thanks Miguel, I am hoping to be in your neck of the woods in a couple of years. My wife has family in San Diego and both she and I really like the areas around San Diego.

U wont regret SD, they rate it the best city in USA :) but personally i dunno why they say such things :0o: it looks normal to me, the best city would prolly be NYC. But please make sure u visit Seaworld, Old Town, Gaslamp Quarter, eh and many more places when u come!

Back