What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Dover, DE!

• Thread starter BAMFEOD
  • Start date
Hello everyone! I'm Chris and currently live in DE. I'm originally from Sacramento, CA but the military has placed me all the way on the other side of the country. I'm currently serving in the Air Force as an Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, basically bomb squad for the military. I've deployed 4 times to Iraq and it doesn't look like I'm going anywhere, anytime soon as I need to recover and get some surgeries done to fix my "old" broken body. I'm married with a 6 year old son. I enjoy just about anything and growing CPs is brand new to me. So if I ask/say something stupid please bear with me. I love learning new things and thought this would be something interesting for myself as well as my son. Thanks for allowing to become a part of your community and I look forward to interacting with you all.

Welcome Bam!

Welcome to TF, where you will find everything you need to know about your new hobby :wave:

Welcome! You'll learn lots here.

How long have you been in the military?

Much appreciated! I've been in 8 years now.

Welcome to TF!

Welcome!

Welcome to the boards! I'm a complete noob to cps too and everyone has been super, super nice and patient with me so don't worry. You found a great place to get started!
JennB

Thanks Jim, Lance and Jenn. Yeah, this is nothing like anything I've ever done so it should be fun and interesting. Starting with VFTs and if that goes well, I'll look into expanding my collection.

Noob question... I'm totally new at this so I feel that stout plants are a must as a pure beginner. I'm starting with VFTs, and I was wondering what plants grow well with them? I'm very interested in Sundews, would that be a good choice for a second plant?

Back