What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Hello 911? Can I have extra pickles?"

• Thread starter ilbasso
  • Start date
Man Dials 911, Complains About Sandwich
Sauce-Less Sub Prompts Man To Call 911

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The sauce for a spicy Italian sandwich was apparently a must-have for one Jacksonville man who authorities said called emergency operators about a sauce-less sub.

Police said 42-year-old Reginald Peterson called 911 multiple times from an Arlington Subway restaurant, but what they said happened was anything but an emergency.

Peterson initially called the emergency number on Thursday so that officers could have his subs made correctly, according to a police report.

"I went in the Subway sandwich shop and ordered two sandwiches and I paid almost $12 for the sandwich. I did not get the sandwich made the way to be made the way I wanted to," the man told the emergency operator.

"He actually called 911 to tell us that he needed our assistance because his sandwich was improperly made," said Jacksonville Sheriff's Office spokesman Ken Jefferson.

The second call was to complain that police officers weren't arriving fast enough.

Subway workers told police that Peterson became belligerent and yelled when they were fixing his order. They locked him out of the store when he left to call police.

"They locked the door on me. They got the sandwiches I paid for inside the store. I'm not leaving here until I got what I paid for. I'm not going to sit and pay $12 or $10 for some sandwiches and not get what I paid for," Peterson told the operator during his second call to 911.

"Then, he calls a third time and wanted to know where police were. Once we arrived he was totally irrational," Jefferson said.

Police said not only did Peterson call 911 three times, but they said he even started yelling at them.

"He was obviously having a bad day and he was going to take it out on anybody he could, and he verbally took it out on the restaurant and he took it out on us when we went to assist him," Jefferson said.

When officers arrived, they tried to calm Peterson and explain the proper use of 911. Those efforts failed, and he was arrested on a charge of making false 911 calls.

Only in Florida! What a stupid person. I hate people like that. I'm glad he got arrested. Idiot.

Wasn't there another one of these where some soccer mom freaked out because they were out of the stuff to make the kind of sandwich that her kid wanted? Surreal.
~Joe

PS - How would you ever live down a stunt like this? I bet this guy is looking for a new neighborhood to move to.

I'll bet the guy still thinks he was wronged. This kind of person doesn't have a grasp on reality or rationality. He won't move, he'll be looking for an award for bringing to light the injustice caused by Subway.

Redneck rampage!

Wow...That's just sad... >_>

Unforunately... :glare:

not only if Florida.....but 2 years ago we had one call 911 cause the local grocery store was out of frozen Banquet chicken......:crazy:

not only if Florida.....but 2 years ago we had one call 911 cause the local grocery store was out of frozen Banquet chicken......:crazy:

I think people like that should have a mandatory psych evaluation! You're obviously sick in the head! :crazy:

There's no point in mandatory psych evaluations if nothing will be done about it. There's only so much help to go around and lots of people who need it. As in this situation, they often don't get it until they're in the criminal justice system.

we had one call 911 cause the local grocery store was out of frozen Banquet chicken......:crazy:

But... I really just wanted that Banquet chicken! :-D

Last night on one of those weird event shows I heard a recording of a call where a cop stole some weed from evidence and made brownies with it. He and his wife having never been high before got all paranoid and called 911 and told them "I took some marijuana from evidence and made brownies with it, I think we're dying! Please send the ambulance immediately!" he ended the 911 call with "do you know the score to the ball game?"

But... I really just wanted that Banquet chicken! :-D

Last night on one of those weird event shows I heard a recording of a call where a cop stole some weed from evidence and made brownies with it. He and his wife having never been high before got all paranoid and called 911 and told them "I took some marijuana from evidence and made brownies with it, I think we're dying! Please send the ambulance immediately!" he ended the 911 call with "do you know the score to the ball game?"

Wow.
~Joe

This story reminds me of this call. Check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EykZnm_VgU

:-))

Back