What's new

Heliamphora floowers not opening correctly

4 of my Heliamphora are in various states of blooming, but so far, the flowers seem to get stuck as they are developing. One plant is a complete bust for this round. The second has the first flower opening, but as of yet, I have not been able to collect any pollen from it. The petals all seem to be sticking together. The one that is currently open, I had to gently nudge the petals apart. Any ideas on what I can do to be more successful here?

Thank you.

What sort of conditions are your plants in? I've had trouble with this too and have decided it's a developmental issue due to growing in household humidity in my case.

A few clone lines in circulation do have issues but what you are describing is not that....
Try reducing the humidity significantly, usually solves or at least reduces the nectar production from the flower’s nectaries. However, sometimes you just got to help a little. Not an issue with all species/clones but definitely can be with some.
Av

Last edited:
Thanks Av! I didn't think my conditions were overly humid. I have them sitting in an ebb and flow tray open above in my basement. I think that maybe a fan might help in my case.