What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hehehehe...

Cindy

Staff member
I had to ask my boyfriend to PINCH me so that I know I'm not dreaming!

My conversation with my student today after my lesson.

Boy: "Are you interested in buying pitcher plants?"

Me: "Yah...but what are they?"

Boy: "My mum IMPORTS them...<my eyes popping out> we have quite a few of them at our condominium...the fast-grower nepenthes ventricosa..."

Me: "I'll like that!..." <drooling>

Boy: "And nepenthes truncata, the one with heart-shape leaves...and nepenthes rafflesiana..."

Me: "Tell your mum I'll got more than one interested buyer!!!"

hehehehehehehehhe...<grin><grin><grin>

CINDY! That's cheating! I'm so jealous
laugh.gif
You're very lucky... How much are they, and who's this contact? I'd like a few too, as and when I have time...

Cindy: I'll really like to get mature ventricosa and truncata plants, since the ones i got fr malesiana are small and takes time to develop. Keep us informed of the prices and sizes. Thanks alot

share your info leh!!!!
biggrin.gif

I'm always interested in any new nepenthes that are for sale,.....
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

smile.gif
I haven't got the chance to speak to the boy again after that day...will do so when school re-opens. Just watch this thread.

Talking about being lucky, I'm not supposed to celebrate so soon 'cos it's not good to count my chickens before this "egg" hatch - advice for my zodiac animal this Monkey year!!!
tounge.gif

The egg broke...
sad.gif
Apparently, my student's mum imports neps in vials (tissue culture) from Malesiana!!!
rock.gif
She's been selling them at $10 each.

Well, well...

Btw, anyone of you live in a condo? And keep many neps? And temperate CPs as well? My student said his neighbour keeps lots of CPs and do log on to forums...who hah?
wink.gif

Not me! My neighbours are nurses!
tounge.gif

CP = Care Provider
Nurses = CPs (Medical)?
laugh.gif

Hi Cindy,
Where about (area) is your student's home?

Thats a good one, JK!
laugh.gif

Not me no one around here grows them!(well except me) and I did get some U.gibba from redbud 2 years ago in with some water celery! Lol.

Just got back from England.
$10 a vial? That is still cheaper than FEF. I bought 2 from them some time back, I think it is cheaper to buy the actual plant direct! FEF were selling them for around$15-$20.
Happy growing, Neil
p.s. Thanks JK - - it rained most of last week so my plants are fine.

Hi Neil,

Great to have you back. I hope everything is okay.

Back