What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Heed Birds' Wake-Up Calls" article

• Thread starter Finch
  • Start date
  • Tags
    care

Finch

Whats it to ya?
Hi everyone iv been busy lately so havent been on mutch this week, but I read this Article and it got me rather distressed, seeng that i am a avid birdwatcher and love all birds. Read it if you want, or not, i really dont care. I just feel it is sort of a important article, perhaps just because i like birds. Its just... whatever i g2g

even if you dont care, it would extend your knowledge

I think you do care or else you wouldn't have started this topic.  And I thank you for bringing this to our attention.  
smile.gif
 We need to raise our awareness of the plight of those species we are losing - flora & fauna - due to our interference with nature's delicate balance.  One way we do that is by using pesticides.  DDT is now banned, it was proven that it made bird eggshells too fragile to survive incubation.  Individually, we can refuse to support pesticide use by buying organically raised foods.  Anyone ever had their blood tested for pesticide levels?  
rock.gif

DDt is still used in developing countries

Thanks Finch,
It just goes to show what a fragile state we have, and may continue to put this world into.

Back