What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hee Haw!

• Thread starter butthead
  • Start date
Hello. I thought it would be neat to start a new topic here.

What are your interests / hobbies and stuff (besides with cps)?
What is your age?

I'll start...
I am a 25 yr old student, my husband thinks i'm crazy, and i LOVE my turbo New Beetle. (Named Pookie) The plants are still sleeping right now, so they're not much fun at the moment. I REALLY REALLY like pumpkin cheesecake, cheesecake, and pumpkin pie.

biggrin.gif

Alright, I'm a 19 year old student who really needs to get moving or else he will end up like a bag of potatos. Apart from Cp's, I like skateboarding, snowboarding & mountainbiking, but I don't do any of these sports right now. I also really like all kinds of rpg games, especialy if they're medival & magical.

I'm 14 (15 on the 10th, can't wait).

I love books, my favorite authors are Amy Tan, Banana Yoshimoto, and Gail Tsukiyama.

A hobby I've recently taken up is watercolor painting. I'm not very good but I'm improving. I like painting plants and fruit. Heh, pretty common place, eh?

Houseplants have been an interest for a long time. My parents have quit trying to stop the invasion of plants into almost every part of the house.
biggrin.gif

I doodle a lot. It's mostly comics for friends at school.

Cooking is another thing I like. I cook mostly asian foods, Vietnamese is my favorite.

And music! I listen to lots of music. I'll give everything a try.

Hmm, Im 14... I am very into exoctic plants, play tennis, play acuostic guitar, and my favorite basketball team is the Duke Blue Devils. I also like to listen to music watch movies, and read.

I'm 18,well besides CP's I am also a reefer with a 100 gallon reef. I like modifying my car ans racing it. Also I'm into radio controled cars and planes.
I like music alot too, fav band is weezer. I like cooking as well mosly japanese food and filipino food...Mmmmm

Hey,

I'm 37 (yikes), and apart from a minor cp obsession, am into making computer games (my job), playing hockey, snowboarding, skiing, wakeboarding, RC planes, movies, food, and, well, I guess I like just about everything!

Capslock

Ok im 16 I have a remote control hovercraft that glids over snow, and a remote control blimp. I sorta like unusual vehicles!
I am into birds, gardening whatever grows in my awful soil type (Alkaline, poorly drained and exposed)

My hobby is birdkeeping

alright, I know how capslock feels. I am 30 this past november. I am discovering I have more hobbies then I ever had before. I love archery, WWII history, motorcycles (use to work in a race shop in san diego), building model airplanes and cars, collecting gas trucks (hess, texaco etc), and this may sound odd, but I love my job. I am an air traffic controller in Virginia. My favorite book is "The Caine Mutiny" by Herman Woulk, my favorite movie is the "The Shawshank Redemtion". I am sure I will think of more later and post it then.

You guys are awesome. You cooking people need to come hook me up! (i like to cook, too because i like to eat) my mom is Japanese and I LOVE Chinese, Korean, and Japanese food. I also LOVE cheesecake...

(mmmm.... cheesecake)

What a cool job, capslock!

Hey what kind of car do you race, Flip_Side_the_Pint?

I'm a 13 year old teenager that goes to school , other hobbies i do are collect charlie chaplin films , there a joy to watch , work with animals , i've always wanetd to be a zoologist , and i like lsitening to punk rock music
smile.gif

hey kids!
i'm 27.  i also play the guitar. (i started playing when i was about 13)  i used to manage a guitar shop (need any help buying a guitar?  wanna know how the business really works?)  i have also attended a recording school (teaches you how to run a recording studio).
i like to watch movies of all sorts.  
i'm into music a bit [always listening to something, mostly metal and techno (right now it's SEPULTURA Roots)].
i, too, am into cars.  well, that's an understatement.  i'm pretty much a car freak.  all newer cars, though.  i love the technology involved with the "compact" type cars. i work on cars all day, then come home and surf a couple different car sites (after stopping here first, of course).  my buddies an i go to the drag strip a few times a year (one just bought an srt-4 a few weeks ago...)

any mods on the 1.8t yet?

peace,
technoracer

I am a student in High School.  I enjoy Cps of course, I show horses in both the American Quarter Horse Association and 4H, geography and political sciences are my favorite subjects to look into, and I work at a Pizzaria (not my ideal job) My FUTURE hopes for employment are the U.S. State Department( hopefully in an embassy), or in a Secretary of State like position.  A new obsession is driving, I just got my permit this week.
laugh.gif

Thats about it with all my bizzare pastimes,
Cole

I was born yesterday. I like to juggle and CJ. I found out how to cj from www.contactjuggling.org, just learned a little while ago.
-Matt
blues.gif

smile.gif

There's something about a person with the pseudonym "butthead" saying Hee Haw! thats a little funny
wink.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (technoracer @ Feb. 06 2004,20:43)]hey kids!
i'm 27.  i also play the guitar. (i started playing when i was about 13)  i used to manage a guitar shop (need any help buying a guitar?  wanna know how the business really works?)  i have also attended a recording school (teaches you how to run a recording studio).
i like to watch movies of all sorts.  
i'm into music a bit [always listening to something, mostly metal and techno (right now it's SEPULTURA Roots)].
i, too, am into cars.  well, that's an understatement.  i'm pretty much a car freak.  all newer cars, though.  i love the technology involved with the "compact" type cars. i work on cars all day, then come home and surf a couple different car sites (after stopping here first, of course).  my buddies an i go to the drag strip a few times a year (one just bought an srt-4 a few weeks ago...)

any mods on the 1.8t yet?

peace,
technoracer
sure, if you count a butterfly air freshener clip!
sad.gif

I'm considering getting an APR chip for my Pookie (1.8T GLX New Beetle) but he's a high mileage vehicle so i'm scared.

So, Technoracer, what cars are you into?
(btw, who ya calling kid?
tounge.gif
)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (droseradude @ Feb. 06 2004,22:11)]I was born yesterday. I like to juggle and CJ. I found out how to cj from www.contactjuggling.org, just learned a little while ago.
-Matt
blues.gif

smile.gif

There's something about a person with the pseudonym "butthead" saying Hee Haw! thats a little funny  
wink.gif

tounge.gif

wink.gif
what's so funny about hee haw? i live in texas, so i guess i felt the need to falsely reinforce the hick stereotype.
tounge.gif

My name is bugfreak, btw. Butthead is the name of one of my cps. (they are high maintanance plants by my standards)

What do you like to juggle, Matt?

This is a fun topic. Did someone say cheesecake? One of nature's finest foods. Um, time stopped for me in 1976, at age 18. I will forever be 18 and my hair (which I never lost) will always be longer than society's dictates. I am into tropical fish, CP's, net & racket sports, gardening, baking, following baseball, football, basketball (Go Duke!!!), & hockey, meteorology, Christianity, history, pop music of the 50's-80's, cats, chess, and statistics. There's just too much to enjoy - and not enough time or money!

This seems to be a post for the kiddies.  Everyone is under 40 (almost) & most are teens.  But I'll put my 2 cents in here anyway - I'm over 50.  And I think we have another post similar to this one somewhere.  I always thought that a job in the control tower is extremely stressful but, after thinking about it, I think it makes perfect sense that mcrwt644 is an air traffic controller & grows CP's.  
tounge.gif
  Is VA less stressful?  Seems to be a good place to be growing CP's.  
smile.gif

uh... I juggle clubs and rings and the basic beanbags, 4, sometimes 5. If you juggle 3 balls and want to learn tricks, go to www.millsmess.co.uk

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]net & racket sports, gardening, baking, following baseball, football, basketball (Go Duke!!!),

1. Do ya like tennis?
2. Yea a Duke fan.(Big win over UNC the other day)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]This seems to be a post for the kiddies. Everyone is under 40 (almost) & most are teens.

1. yes, I'm under 40
2. No, I am not a kiddy. LOL
tounge.gif
wink.gif
mad.gif

Wes
cool.gif

Well Im 34
cool.gif
and I also have a ton of animals 5 snakes, rabbits, some fish, 2 cats, a huge amount of rats, which I sell for a little bit of extra money here and there, as feeders or pets. I also have a baby terantula and a staffordshire terrier so I guess pets are another hobby of mine as well.

Back