What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heard the news about Saddam?

this is from aol thought i would post it.

Potential Saddam Lawyer Criticizes Bush

i decided to cut out article until i could get permission from the AP. but i gave a link to where you could find it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Copyright 2004 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

WPG, Interesting article - you might be better off giving us a link though...

Now the problem is I have to be an AOL member - so never mind!
tounge.gif

my opinion about the French lawyer is somebody has to be his lawyer. The guy defended Nazi's and another person who was part of Saddam's regime.

My question is: exactly how will he defend Saddam?  Isn't it pretty much publicly known what Saddam has done and there's tons and tons of documents on what he's done, so how will a lawyer build a case to defend him??  Does anyone have any ideas??

-buckeye

They might build a case on the basis of the sovereignty of nations, and the illegality of overthrowing a nation that was not a threat to the U.S. They might further argue that there is no court jurisdiction over Iraqi internal matters, and thus no authority to try the case. They will also look at potential violations of Saddam's rights to counsel, his potentially illegal imprisonement, etc.

I'm not endorsing this position, just speculating that's what the lawyers will try.

Capslock

well Iraq will host the trial of course, and so the mass murders that he has done is not right and so he will be charged with that in iraq. the nazi people were charged with the same thing as Saddam so I think that's how the trial will go.

Back