What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone ever...

Has anyone ever planted something that attracted butterflies or houseflies or some other insect and put it next to their carnivorous plants?
I am wondering because my friend and I were at the Missouri Botanical Gardens, and in their herb garden they had this crazy rosemary that was attracting hundreds of wasp like bugs and my friend was like "whoa, what if you put that in a garden that had a bunch of sarrs and flytraps?" and I said, "I will ask online and tell you if other people have tried it"
thats my story

thanks
-Dylan

There was a post somewhere (maybe one of Barry's field reports) where they dumped some dead fish near a VFT site to attract flies.

Maybe Sarrs will have a hard time attracting insects if they have to compete with rosemary. Following NaN's tangent; my Sarrs used to fill quickly when I kept them on a fence by the dog yard. They made no visible dent in the fly population, but they took their share.

Back