What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry potter book number 6

i finished her up today...

i liked it.. but iti kinda disapointed me it was thinner than the 4 and 5 book.

anyone else read it?

thanks

BRad

I read it...kinda dark. I liked though. Left me with a lot of questions. Might have to read it again next weekend.

Rowling sure has alot of questions to answer in the last book...

I don't read childrens' books.

smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alvin Meister @ July 18 2005,8:41)]I don't read childrens' books.

smile_n_32.gif
I know more adults that read Harry Potter than kids.

I never understood how people can read one book in two days...I have way to much stuff to do then sit and read. A book takes me about 2 to 3 weeks to read. Although, I did that during the college and school days...It was a big pain in the rass. Not much of a Harry Potter kind of person.

forget that! i have read them ALL within 24 hours (each that is) except for the new one. don't have it yet.

i HATE to read what is required. like the stuff we do for AP lit. i don't like to be told what to read.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ July 18 2005,11:44)]i HATE to read what is required. like the stuff we do for AP lit. i don't like to be told what to read.
Hear that...I like to read for pleasure.

Hi Alexis! I'm with you, but my wife of 16 years is one of those 'children' who read the book in two days (total of 8 hours for her). She really enjoyed it. Now she's working on another kiddie book: 'The Life and Death of Anne Boleyn' by Eric Ives. I wish she would grow up.
smile_n_32.gif

Just a question: has anyone besides me ever encountered someone who truly thought Harry Potter books were evil and designed to teach children black magic?

Read the book yet? I've barely been home 24 hrs. since it came out!!! Waaaaay too much forced reading this summer anyway... I don't think I'll even start it until maybe as late as winter break. I'm with JLAP. It's the schools' required reading that teaches children black magic!

-D. Lybrand

lol

yes they are sooooo evil..lol

how can it be evil? lol i dont think i know anyone that thinks there evil..

thanks

BRad

I just started it!
my fiance got me hooked on them, I have read them all!
(and we arent "kids"..we are both 36!)

this wont give anything away..I have a simple question.
what is Tonks saying when she says "Wotcher, Harry".
she says it as a greeting..like "hello"..
she has said it twice, and I cant figure out what it means!
what the heck is "Wotcher"??
thanks,
Scot

hey hey hey i didn't say anything about that D.

i was auctually referring to their eyes were watching god and Tom sawyer. i can't stand old-timey books. i don't care if they are classic or not. same reason i don't like shakespeare.

IT was fairly good. For those of you who did not read it in 6 hours (aka 12 noon the next day) I will not say names. I found the forshadowing quite horrible as to who would die in this book. It was sort of obvious once you got to Harry in the summer time. This book was decent but the only guessing part was really what the memory revealed.

Yes. I fail to be able to contemplate how some people came back telling how they read the book and loved it when it came out like... and hour beforehand? It blows my mind....

I read it in 13 hours and 36 minutes! yay! It was grrrrrrrrrreat!

Back