What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hardiest non weeds in your collection

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
I have to say that of all my plants my epi-cactus Selenicereus have to be the hardiest. I have seen these actually save their own lives. The roots had rot and it was creeping up the stem and at the same time it threw a branch out and it grew over to the next pot, laid down on the soil and threw roots into it after a small established root system developed it let go of the rotting stock and had become its own rooted cutting and eventually mature plant. I also have a Trichocereus (Peruvian torch cactus) that has sat in my attic for over 2 years with well over 100 F. in the summer. No water, no soil, no light; just a cutting. It is still alive and ready to plant any day still and people manage to kill 'em.

Joe

BTW Rattler,

Hows yours doin? Invasive yet? Roots outta be everywhere by now.

I don`t know I`d have to say Clorophytom comosum hardly can kill them buggers:p

its getting big and starting to travel Joe. next warm spell its going to leave the house and be put in the south window here at work.

Back