What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy Summer everyone!!!

• Thread starter joossa
  • Start date

joossa

Aklys
228091PvXU_w.jpg

Today, the subsolar point reached the tropic of cancer... You all know what that means, right!? The Summer Solstice. SUMMER!!

summer_solstice.gif

I hope all of you enjoy the longest day of the year and the rest of summer. (I feel sorry for the people in the Antarctic, they experience full days of darkness). Happy summer to all!:-O

Well I have mixed feelings on the summer solstice. It also means the days start getting shorter. :( And I HATE that. I like it when its still light at 9 p.m.

I hate losing the sun...

But soltices are powerful things...loaded with all kinds of magic and energy.

228091PvXU_w.jpg

Today, the subsolar point reached the tropic of cancer... You all know what that means, right!? The Summer Solstice. SUMMER!!

summer_solstice.gif

I hope all of you enjoy the longest day of the year and the rest of summer. (I feel sorry for the people in the Antarctic, they experience full days of darkness). Happy summer to all!:-O

blah bla! what's so happy about it? unless you're like 12 and have a season pass for six flags/hurricane harbor.

i'm a grump in the summer. it gets like 115 here! i hate this place. and my townhome is like a cardboard box- no insulation what so ever.

:censor:
bah-humbug!

As for the adult's experience of summer, bosses and those certain coworkers go away for a week or two of vacation, which I appreciate much more than a season pass for six flags.

I hated summers for years until I got back into gardening and then started growing figs and CPs. Now that I have more highland Neps than Sarrs, I'm not so thrilled with hot days. But our hot days stay in the 90s and we can count on dropping below 70 all but a dozen or so nights. 115 is just plain nuts. Too hot for life, but not hot enough for baking. What a pointless temperature.

WHat an amazing day here in Oswego, NY...the sunset over the lake was awesome with rain, sun, a rainbow and crescent moon, color everywhere! I went and played my very best on my very best guitar, and ate a quart of Strawberries.... and yes there is magic in this day. LOL! If I were 12 again, I wouldn't NEED a pass to Six Flags, but if it was 115F I'd have my skinny butt cooling in some water. Personally, I like it hot as long as I can find some way to chill out. Summer is life and energy and the payback for the frozen Pultonian winters we get here. I don't thaw until July. Happy summer to all:-D

The summer time is the best! Everything is alive and I like to turn on the AC low and get under lots of comfy covers!

But at the same time I've been taking lots of Benadryl. These damn flowers are killing my allergies! I've been putting antihistamine eye drops in one eye so it's dilated while the other is not, and that makes me look a little like Marilyn Manson. I can't wear my contacts with my eyes all screwed up because it'll make it worse, so I'm also blind and can only see 6 inches in front of my face. Further than that and everything looks like one big, cloudy Monet.

All of the wickedly evil black berry are putting up blooms,
time for the herbacide,goats and slashing :censor:
Really though they take over EVERYTHING.

I really like the graphic. For those of you visual learners!

xvart.

I don’t have any allergies, but as far as flowers go, I HATE the scent from the Star Jasmine blooms in the backyard. Every time I walk past it I get a headache. :p

i used to LOVE summer! i don't ever remember it being so brutal that i was grumpy all the time in japan.

i live in texas now. it sucks. perhaps i should buy a house with a pool but i don't like to swim every day and i DARN sure am not about to maintain a pool. i don't even want a yard. seriously. i don't do yard work. and it's brutal in the summer here.

can i go visit with one of you awesome folks that live up north somewhere? 90 degrees for summer sounds heavenly compared to constant triple digits. it's been raining a lot lately so it hasn't got up to like the mid 90s so far. hope it rains all summer.

You can come here where the temps in the summer are normally 96 with 100% humidity. It'll about the same as your 115 degrees, and I love the heat.

Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and... CPs

Back