What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy interloper pic

Most of the time I am not overjoyed to see things which don't belong when I receive a plant.. Often I eliminate them.  This one got lucky (as did I) as it was hiding in some moss and I missed it.. Now to isolate it for propagation ;>

Not sure how unusual this color form is but it's new in my collection so that's a good thing!
U. bisquamata white (preliminary id yet to be confirmed)
Ubisqwhite.jpg

Tony

Are you sure you don't have this already? Looks alot like the bisquamata that I got from you last summer.

Chris

The regular U. bisquamata I have is a pale purple.. I think. This one is pure white (besides the yellow). Will have to take a look as the other is in flower now too. I also flowered the 'large form' from BC which is darker purple. This one came up in my clump of U. 'microcalyx'....

Is yours in flower now Chris?

Mine has been flowering for about a month now.

Utric.jpg

Sorry this is the best pic I could get, I don't have a real camera. The flowers are the same as the one in your pic, Pure white with yellow And very small.

Other than the color, it sure looks like U. bisquamata typical to me.

Thanks Chris,

I looked out in the greenhouse at the other U. bisquamata I have shipped and all I could find was this.  
bis.jpg

These guys orginally came as tagalongs with some vft, Drosera from Triffid Park.  I am sure it is just a seed grown population and a mix of clones. So I would expect some variation. Overall they seem fairly pale.. boardering on white with a darker purple right in the center.  Yours does appear a little different than the majority that I saw. It still looks a little pinkish to me but maybe thats the photo. The white one pictured is from a different source.
Tony

Back