What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy Birthday Adnedarn

It's 2 plants, the enclosure is 5ft x 5ft and the plants are now 5ft tall! Usually I let them sprawl the ground, this year I used the tallest tomatoe cages I could find.... and they've already outgrown those....

20130801_065747.jpg

Indeterminate tomatoes will outgrow any cage you give them. It's a game to them. :lol: I had a cherry tomato plant that grew up he apricot tree -- 20 feet!

Solved the bird issue... then today find this guys. UGH never gonna win!

1097969_10151774328891505_1525925620_n.jpg

They are nasty pests, but hornworms sure are pretty. Here's hoping you get some maters this year.

wow those guys sure are chubby!!

I hear they taste nutty.

too big and juicy for me to eat! :0o:

toxic. sequester toxins from nightshades that they are eating.... in this case tomato :p

I should have added "when fed prepared food." Ooopsies.

preparing food for prepared food :lol:

Hornworms are very nutritious, but you are right, there are toxins in the tomato plants. To feed them to your beloved reptiles, you must give the caterpillars prepared food without tomato products from hatching on up.

Happy birthday . . .

happy birthday!!! thanks for existing 8)

(edit: lmao,, im late,, uou;;; )

not many people get second rounds in the same year! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREW!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday! You should spend this day frolicking amidst an endless field of Sarracenia:-D

Kenny

Happy late Birthday Big Guy! :)

Back