What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happiness is a new (used) turntable

I found a decent Technics turntable at a thrift store yesterday, so I can finally listen to records again.  Records, by the way, are 12" diameter pieces of vinyl that us people of a certain age have been hoarding for years.  The motor in my previous turntable failed and I've been waiting a few years for a replacement to come along.  At a price I'm willing to pay, that is.  I'll put a new cartridge on the turntable and can make new tapes of all my old records.  Well, I mean I can do that when the tape deck is back home from the shop.  Ain't old technology wonderful?

Yup.
I've used my Sondek for very near twenty years and wouldn't part with it for the world.
T.

My hands were reaching for a used Thorens 20+ years ago and I pulled back.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.  But this Technics is a good one and will be even better with a new Grado cartridge.  Turntables are in high demand and, as some might say, it's a good thing.

I've got a Technics I bought from best buy 10 years ago, it still rocks!
smile.gif

Turntables have come a long way. New tables are almost indestructible and very costly often coming with diamond tip needles. My brother is a club DJ (a real one, not the guys who play other peoples music)

Joe

I wish I had a turntable. I have soooo many albums I want to hear and miss.
smile_h_32.gif
I miss my old Pioneer component stereo system.

Back