What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Had to get my jejunal tube replaced!

Well I had to get surgery yesterday to get my J-tube replaced.It bursted when I tried to flush. It had gotten so much gook in it(curdled tube feed) that it had over a foot of the tube blocked with it and it had turned black! It was a rather painful procedure,they had to manipulate my j-tube and take it out and put the new one in and all.

Now I find out your supposed to get them routinely replaced every 3 months,and whenever it clogs get them to go and take you to radiolagy to get it un-clogged.

And today even through the 800mg of motrin I take every 6 hrs. I had horrible shoulder pain like I was carrying 200 lb weights on them,this pain spread to my shoulder blade as well,and then in my chest it felt like a person was takeing a butchers knife and jabbing and twisting it in my chest!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
:O It was horrible! I get the shoulder pain lately all the time. But this chest pain is new. We assume it is gall stones and I will make an apointment with the doctor I guess or if it happens again go to the ER for an ultra sound. It was truely gruesomely painful but thankfully was passing then coming back again etc.

Thanks for the update Noah.Sad to hear about the pain,I hope they will get you fixed up soon.So they have'nt tested you for gall stones yet?

Jerry

hum.. ow

Ouch... the best of luck to you Noah! You've been a trooper!

Ouch.. stay strong noah you've made alot of progress.

Sorry to hear about the this. It looks like you're the toughest member we have.

Sorry to hear about that Noah.
smile_h_32.gif
I know this seems like it'll never get better but I'm sure it will with time. You have definitely been a trooper about it all. Long term illness is no fun. But I'm glad you can at least get on the computer with us now.
smile.gif

Hang in there! Hope you don't have gallstones.

Hey PB, that stinks. Hopefully it will all turn out for the best. Remember the immortal words of AH-nuld "what does not kill you makes you stonger."

[b said:
Quote[/b] (cool85k5 @ Oct. 26 2004,7:41)]Thanks for the update Noah.Sad to hear about the pain,I hope they will get you fixed up soon.So they have'nt tested you for gall stones yet?

Jerry
Yes they have but not in 3 months, I`m going to talk to the phsychiatrist in 3 days so hopefully he`ll be able to check my gallblader with the nuclear medicine check:)

Actually Suzzane I hope I DO have gall stones so that I can get fixed up easy:) I haven`t been haveing as much shoulder pain lately so I think I did pass a stone.....I`ll be talking to the psyciatrist on monday so....hopefully....he`ll be able to get me all tested and if I have gall stones\gallbladder disease be able to get them to take it out! That would be great!

Ozzy how so? I`ve just been thrown a few sticks in my path,but who hasn`t? Have I dealt with this better then most people would have,I think not. I mean all I can do is wait so might as well make the best of it:;): .

Note to self. Don't eat cheap caviar whilst reading about someone's plugged digestive tubing.

Anywho best of luck. I highly recommend collecting the stones and putting them up on Ebay for sale. Believe it or not, a few people have actually bought that before.
smile_n_32.gif

Back