What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H. pulchella Chimantensis in flower

Hey! I just noticed this morning that my H. pulchella (Chimanta tepui) is sending up a flower too! A first for me :)

Hey! I just noticed this morning that my H. pulchella (Chimanta tepui) is sending up a flower too! A first for me :)

Congrats...

I usually have two flowerings a year.... and they seem somewhat independent of temp or photocycle...

Most heli growers seem to be pretty much in sync whether indoor or out... a winter into spring flowering cycle and then a summer into fall.

Av

Butch's heli's are so well grown that spontaneous generation occurs from discarded heli soil. LOL.

Congrats...

I usually have two flowerings a year.... and they seem somewhat independent of temp or photocycle...

Most heli growers seem to be pretty much in sync whether indoor or out... a winter into spring flowering cycle and then a summer into fall.

Av

It is the phase of the moon :)

great pics and Woot

Beautiful flower!

As promised, here's my H. pulchella (Chimanta tepui)'s flower spike.

P8271246.jpg

P8271248.jpg

Funny, this was the division I was planning on donating to the NECPS to sell at the plant show in September, but now I'm having second thoughts :)

Back