What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess what this is...

• Thread starter Borneo
  • Start date
Ventricosa x talengensis?

Trashcan, Ohhh! Ohhh! Half right! But which half??
tounge.gif

Always amazes me how the pitcher color and shape can change as the plant grows from seedling to mature plant and from lower to upper pitcher!

OK I won't look at file names any more hehe

N. ventricosa x inermis
and N. spectabilis x talangensis

Tony

Hey Tony, correct with the first one and only half right with the second. I'll leave it at that for now! Have a great weekend everyone!
smile.gif

seoncd one is spectabilis x burbidgeae?

The second hybrid Rob is N. talangensis x maxima. I can't wait to get hold of one
biggrin.gif

Nice photo of the N. ventricosa x inermis another favorite of mine..

cheers

bill

I'm a little late on this, but I would never have guessed that one correctly-I figured a ventricosa hybrid, but that's about all.
May I congratulate the photographer: not only a beautiful subject but a well composed and excellently lit photograph.

Trent

ventricosa x eymae?
rock.gif

Yeah, Rob says he doesn't want to do a book because his photos are lousy, but I am not seeing it quite the same, lol.
I think they are great!

Regards,

Joe

Rob,
After the man-made hybrid, I figured ventricosa x inermis. Too late to prove I knew it, though...
laugh.gif

~Lithopsman (Not my real name, but I pretend it is on TV
rock.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif
)

Hard luck gracilis and well done Bill, N. talangensis x maxima is right.  Here's a better photo:

hybrid2.jpg

I was going to post that later as a separate guessing game but you would have hit on it straight away!

My photography really isn't that good since there's a world of difference between taking staged photos in front of a piece of black velvet and lying on your stomach, or hanging from  a tree  in leech infested jungle trying to keept the rain out of your camera whilst changing lenses.  I've tried it lots and just don't have the required patience.  People like Andreas Wistuba, Ch'ien Lee and Charles Clarke are far better at doing that sort of thing.

Trent, I'll pass your congratulations on to the photographer who's a friend of mine that happened to be visiting the nursery a short while back and gave me the photo, so I can't take credoit for that particular shot, only growing the plant.
sad.gif

Ah I see now.
smile.gif
Looks like a big colorful N. talangensis to me. Has N. maxima's peristome 'hook' and a peristome like N. ovata, but the pitcher showing it's back gives away N. talangensis parentage I think.

Definetly adding this to my list....Tony get some in from Rob!
biggrin.gif

Yes, quite cool looking. That coir fiber really makes a great compost, and plants seem to color up great in it.

Regards,

Joe

Back