What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gubler\'s Hybrid

Here is what I think it is crossed with. Apperently it was a maxima with an unknown hybrid. This is from the mouth of Chris Gubler himself. Wow...

Here is the link to the hybrid i think it is crossed with (It is the ONLY Nepenthes that has the wing only half way down, that i've seen so far)

http://www.malesiana.tropicals.com.my/tropicals/nep-tri.html

Curiously though, Neither maxima, NOR, this hybrid have a prickly/hairy lid... Where does that come from? Is this hybrid crossed with tenticulata or hamata?

Who can crack this case?
Bwaha. Alright, nuff with the spy stuff, heh, c y'all!!!

Hey Parascuo

From the topic Titled homicus depoticus RamPuppy said this:
hehh... Gublers is notorious NG, if you look at their CP of the month special, it has an orchid in it instead. CP's are a total afterthought for them.

Any how, I think most all of us end up with the xCoccinea, because it is probably the cheapest, and hardiest of them all, since it's a hybrid. And they have no idea what it is crossed with... I have asked before.

I believe the rest of the topic is on page 2 or three, but I just grabbed the part that got to the point.

I really don't think anyone has figured out what the TRUE cross is...it has no information on their site about it

www.gublers.com

yes i have a gulers also, i got it when i went to canada...wierd, i was able to bring it back over the border (the dude at the check point said it was ok because it was growing in moss and not any soil, which can carry pest; he said it was legal so YEA!) Anyhow i found it to be a lowlander and is msot like;y maxima X cocinea.

well, look at it this way...

the people who made the origional cross have no idea what they used, therefore, WE can never know for SURE what was used. That makes it impossible to taxanomically identify these plants.

Therefore, my official position at this point in time, is to really not care what it's herritage is... they are pretty little plants, great for the beginner. I likem, but won't buy anymore.

so, go ahead, go for broke in your investigatiosn, just realize that your chances of ever solving this mystery are slim to none. and even if you do, you won't ever be totally sure.
sad.gif

Back