What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

growing n.gymnaphora

Here is my young N. gymnamphora, had it for a month and a half now maybe, not 100% sure
but it came from a place about 30 minutes from me so there isnt much of a temperature change lol. only lighting.
the plant has already started to grow very nicely, the two completed pitchers on it were what it came with, and its condition looks a little rough but its nice and healthy.....gonna open a new pitcher in a week-ish and has another one on the way....

DSC02972.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

This is also my first time using net baskets on smaller neps, thought id give it a try since my 2 large sangs in a 10" net basket seem to love it...

I'd recommend checking for mites too. When I got back home after about 2 years away I found out my neps had mites. Poor things probably had them for the whole time I was gone, or close to that long. Are there spots of red on all the leaves or just that along the edge of the leaves?

just the edge of the older leaves they seem to do this as they age and die off , SirKristoff your gymn. seems to have spots on the reddish side, also along the edge of a couple leaves and some more serious darker red spots on some of the older leaves, does it have a fungal infection as well.
Mine looked quits similar to this when I got it , nice plant good pitchering compared to mine. Im repotting when i get home what would use to kill the mites , if their there? systemics , oils, soaps ?

hey jimmy - no my plant doesn't have fungal issues lol. the old leaves were damaged by a cold snap at the previous owners house and the plant is also recovering from an aphid attack he had there a few months ago.
Washington state @_@ cold and horrible horrible bugs. a bit of reddish spots and discoloration is common and doesn't always signal a fungal infection or insect infestation....

Back