What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing LFS

I put some dried LFS in a container a coulpe weeks ago with a humidity dome over it. It's almost like a swamp with how much water was collected with rain and what I put in. It was then put in the shade and left alone. I checked it today and I see some green coming out. Is it would the LFS coming alive or could it be funus or mold? How would I know and prevent that from happening? Would Clearys 3336 work for that? Should I spray some on? That's awesome though if it is coming back. If it is coming back how would I keep it alive and not die out again? I plan on putting it as a top layer for my flytraps and potting my neps in it.

They love Florida conditions - hot, humid, and sunny. I wouldn't put any Cleary in there! Here's what it should look like:

AF002101.jpg

It's getting there I guess. I kinda already sprayed some fungicide on it already because there is no air flow with the humidity dome on it. But it is starting to look like that.

Dried LFS will regenerate under good conditions...wet and bright. Its an easy way of getting live moss if you have the patience to wait until it grows out.
smile.gif

Bright is full sun or not? I have mine under a shade and it's coming back.

From what I read, LFS should be in partly sunny to mostly sunny conditions, and kept wet. I always have mine at a south facing window sill.

Be carefull, you dont want algae im sure. Basicaly just squeeze the Green and rub it in youre fingers if green comes off you have algae. Just rins it really well and start over.

Cheers

Take the dome off, it grows naturally outside just like a VFT, you wouldn't put a dome over a VFT and put it outside. It grows in partially sunny conditions, and kept very wet.

If I take the dome off then it will dry up. I thought it likes high humidity to grow back? Wouldn't it just turn brown like the LFS I have on top of my VFT's?

Just keep replenishing the water and the humidity and drying up takes care of itself.

Back