What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

growing cobra pitchers

growing cobra pitchers - how do i grow a seperate cobra pitcher ?

• what should i do ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • should i cut one of the new sprouts and replant it ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
J

jagar

is it possible to grow a new cobra pitcher from an old one ?
confused.gif
 in a seperate pot i mean ..

You can separate the rhizome to propogate new plants if you have multiple growing points... I think.

Easy Dyflam, he's a newbie and made a mistake.
Tthis new set-up is still tripping me up and I'm a Mod. Mistakes will be made, that is human nature, just roll with it. There really isn't any harm done is there?.

Jagar,

If you plant has multiple points of growth use a sharp knife and cut the rhizome so as to seperate them, making sure each section has roots of its own. Treat with a fungicide to prevent rot and pot up in live/LF sphag. Keep humidity high and make sure you top water often with cool distilled water.

Also I would suggest you not try to divide your plant now as it is a bit late in the season. Leave it be until next year and then around March/April make your division.

Pyro

Hi Jagar,
To add to that, Cobra lillies grow 'runners' a bit like strawberries and it is possible to separate those without disturbing the plant too much. You must be careful, like Pyro said you must wait until early Spring before growth starts and be careful about the roots too, they are brittle compared to Sarracenias.

Back