What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grow tent question.

Carnivoregon

IG carnivoregon_official
Friday I have the same grow tent arriving that is in this video. I really like the setup and am going to try to emulate it. My only concern is with lighting. I have a New Wave 44 and Sunblaze 22. I'm no expert so I can't really identify what fixtures he is using. My question is are my fixtures going to stand up to that kind of high humidity environment? I would also be nervous about somehow spilling water down on to my 2 ft t5 on the lower shelf.

Last edited:
You can put something above the second rack to prevent water from dripping on to the lights, but make sure they dont over heat, because
heat likes to go up. Fans can help with this. I also wondered about lighting fixtures being in high humidity environments. After talking with a
few other members on this subject, it seems that the lighting fixtures are generally ok with it, and may rust out after a few years, but there is
always an element of danger. My lights sit in constantly humid environments and I check them every day, but so far I see no harm.

Hope this helps.

You can put something above the second rack to prevent water from dripping on to the lights, but make sure they dont over heat, because
heat likes to go up. Fans can help with this. I also wondered about lighting fixtures being in high humidity environments. After talking with a
few other members on this subject, it seems that the lighting fixtures are generally ok with it, and may rust out after a few years, but there is
always an element of danger. My lights sit in constantly humid environments and I check them every day, but so far I see no harm.

Hope this helps.

Good to know thanks. I ordered 2 fans that should arrive with the tent as well. Small like in the video.

Back