What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi! Im new to the forums here so I figured Id make an introduction post.

Im currently 17, and I got into Carnivorous Plants when I was a little kid, and Ive loved them since :) I only have a small Typical Venus Flytrap and a small Nepenthes Ventricosa at the moment, but Im hoping to expand my collection! My favorite type of Carnivorous Plant is Nepenthes, especially Nepenthes Burkei and Nepenthes Spathulata. I really like any type of Nepenthes that is red and green! The bright reds and greens mix very nicely in my opinion.

I decided Id make an account here in order to get some useful tips and such since Im a newbie grower, and uh. Thats about it!
I hope I see you on the forums! :)

Heres some pictures of my plants:

http://i.imgur.com/1OJOjW1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZVsk40t.jpg

(I apologize for the poor photo quality, they were taken with my cell phone, and its been really cloudy and dreary today so the lighting isn't the best!)

Last edited:
Welcome to TF !(gotcha again Jim Scott!) Free advice and free plants & seeds are pretty easy to come by for members who participate in the community. See you around!

Welcome! :wave: It's always good to see younger people coming into the CP community. Good luck with your plants.

Last edited:
Welcome! :wave: It's always good to see younger people coming into the CP community. Good luck with your plants.
Thanks :) the venus flytrap was in pretty poor shape when I got it (I've had both for about 2 weeks) but in the past few days its opened 3 of its traps and even caught 2 bugs! Its also got 2 tiny new traps developing.

Welcome to TF !(gotcha again Jim Scott!) Free advice and free plants & seeds are pretty easy to come by for members who participate in the community. See you around!

Glad to be here! I've seen the giveaways :D (I even put my name down for a drosera seed giveaway :)

Welcome Sashoke, I see /r/savagegarden is spilling over here.

Welcome to TF and good luck with your new plants! I moved to Nashville around 3 weeks ago for college, so we could possibly be in proximity!

On another note, if you can grow N. ventricosa you can probably grow N. burkei too. :)

Be sure to drop over to the picture threads and drool over some Nep photos!

Welcome to TF!!!:welcome:

Ramon:D

Welcome to the forums Sashoke. It's always nice to hear of hobbyists (relatively) nearby.

LOL! What he said...

Welcome Sashoke, I see /r/savagegarden is spilling over here.
Hehe yeah! Ive seen some Savagegarden users here too.

Welcome to TF and good luck with your new plants! I moved to Nashville around 3 weeks ago for college, so we could possibly be in proximity!

On another note, if you can grow N. ventricosa you can probably grow N. burkei too. :)

Be sure to drop over to the picture threads and drool over some Nep photos!
I live in Hendersonville, its just South East of Nashville if I remember correctly. Its about a 10minute drive from Nashville, so we're definitely close!

Id love to grow a Burkei but I has no munnies for one ???

Welcome to TF!!!:welcome:

Ramon:D
Thanks! :)

Welcome to the forums Sashoke. It's always nice to hear of hobbyists (relatively) nearby.

LOL! What he said...

:-))

welcome fellow redditer. ^_^. love your victreebel

Back