What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green dragon mini-bog

vft guy in SJ

VFT and Drosera lover
Here are a few current pics of my VFT mini bog I started over the winter...  

The bowl is 11 inches across. Inside are VFT Green Dragons, D. scorpioides, and a lone D. filiformis

Enjoy
Steve

gdbogs.JPG

gdbogs2.JPG

Here is the sprout of a leaf cutting when I made the bog...
sproutsize.JPG

oh the irony. Tons of red green dragons.
nice color!

Steve, I'm jealous! I can see you don't struggle with your plants taking long, permanent swims! (Like mine do)
biggrin.gif

Wow those are beautiful!
Also i wanna ask how long did that leaf cutting take to sprout?

Nice looking dragons.
I counted at least five little "dew" hitch hikers in photo 1. Isn't it amazing how prolific they are.

Wezx, I dont know exactly..  Im thinking along the lines of 8 to 10 weeks, I planted them in mid-January and I dont recall seeing sprouts untill not long before I took those pics. Keep in mind that they were dormant plants when I repotted them and it was still winter here. Im sure that had something to do with the length of time it took to get sprouts.

Lauderdale...  The D. scorpioides are not hitch-hikers. I had extra gemmae left so I tossed them in along with a small D. filiformis.

Steve

Wow very healthy plants!

Back