What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great weekend of CPing!

• Thread starter elgecko
  • Start date

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I met up with 2 other growers at John Hummer's Wetland Ecology Day in VA, Saturday.
Here are some of the pictures:

Picture-5755.jpg

Picture-5757.jpg

Picture-5758.jpg

Picture-5761.jpg

Picture-5762.jpg

Picture-5767.jpg

Picture-5773.jpg

Picture-5774.jpg

Picture-5776.jpg

Picture-5789.jpg

Picture-5796.jpg

Picture-5799.jpg

Picture-5801.jpg

Picture-5802.jpg

Picture-5805.jpg

Then Sunday the 3 of us met up again to eat breakfast at IHOP.
Then it was off to meet with Rob Sacilotto at his nursery Botanique. The last time I got to meet with Rob was back in 2004. His plants are even more impressive then I remember. I wish I had more room to grow more Sarrs.
Here are some pictures:

Picture-5772.jpg

Picture-5778.jpg

Picture-5779.jpg

Picture-5780.jpg

Picture-5795.jpg

Picture-5803.jpg

We all had a great time and left with a few plants.

smile_k_ani_32.gif
Those are some great shots of some Sarracenia in habitat. Thanks for sharing the great pictures. It's the closest thing many of us get to the real thing.

Zac

wow, gorgeous!

smile_k_ani_32.gif

the second I saw these photos, I got that feeling, you know that feeling deep in youre chest that is totaly undiscribable but, its so amazing?! Its not the quality so much to speak.. its just the plants them selfs!

smile_o_32.gif
nuff sed!

Wow Steve!
You had this posted before I even got home - much less downloaded my pics!

Between John's & Rob's places - I'm overwhelmed from the experience(s). I know that we could have spent many more hours at each place - talking, studying, oogling - really amazing diversity of plants coupled w/ people with many years of accumulated knowledge ...

It seems that John is considering holding his wetland ecology days at least once per year. For those with an interest in CPs (and/or other native wetland plants), this is an opportunity to learn from a master with encyclopedic knowledge of the topic (as well as meeting others w/ similar interests).

Aldrovandas in the US... i thought they were in the old world only.

Well done! Amazing trip. Thanks for sharing the photo's!
smile.gif

-Homer

Breathtaking! Any chiggers?

Back