What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Theft: DNA

Well, the tall green pitcher plant I have is still floppy... I was gonna trade it back to the person I bought it from for a more recumbant species... A purp or psitt, tho I do like minor, even tho its not a prostratet type of plant...

I was thinking though, is there a way that i could take a little piece of the rhizome before I gave it back, without putting the plant into too much shock???

I know this is SOOO immoral, but how tempting!!! Hey... He's getting my pot, OK?

yup, just do it, do it!
biggrin.gif

Well.
I just wanted to know a way that I could do it without putting the plant into too much shock...

How much rhizome is enough to make a cutting, and how much should be left over? U know? I need sizes and stuff...

Thanks you...
wink.gif

I don't know, it sounds a bit sneaky to me. By cutting the rhizome your leaving it open to all sorts of infection. Make sure you aren't going to compromise any future deals by doing this.

Hi Parasuco,
I would check first with the person who supplied the plant first if you could cut the thizome back a bit. As for shock, I have split Sarras up this time of year with no ill effects so it should be ok. Just let the ends brown off like a cut piece of apple for 15 minutes before potting up the cutting first

Parasuco, I'd check with the person you got it from first. After all how would you feel if someone did a trade like that with you??

I dont think I will.... I can't find a place to cut that wont be taking too much off.......

Back