What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Opening: Twoton's NepSite!!

Hi everyone,

I just uploaded my very first personal website:

(drumroll)www.two-ton.com(unbridled tittering and finger pointing ensue)

You've probably seen much of it before, but the links might be useful, and there are also a few pages with photos of hikes in Taiwan, odd stuff, as well as a large family album (hey, I'm actually paying for all this webspace - might as well put it to good use :) )

As this is the first website I've done all by myself in its entirety, I'd be grateful for any pointers regarding dead links, factual errors, out-of-control formatting and all the other three, four billion things that can and will go wrong.

Have fun, and thanks in advance!

TwoTon

Looks good!

Looking good Hans!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Great looking site. I suppose this is a bit off topic but I have been contemplating setting up site for eons now. What software did you use to design your page?

I originally wanted to buy Dreamweaver to create this site, but due to post-Christmas financial blues got stuck with Frontpage. It’s nice for HTML idiots like me who just want to slap together a few pages with pix for Granny in Alaska (which is basically what I've done here), but as an avid Firefox user, I immediately realized that this was a mistake: many frames and mouseover texts don’t show correctly, the upload function crashes all the time - viva Microsoft! I also would like the pictures show up in a separate floating window, and more.

Frontpage was nice for automatic gallery creation, but I'm sure that could have been handled much better with other programs. So, don't do what I did, but start with a proper HTML editor....

Hans, learning HTML now

Great plants! Some of your highland Nepenthes image links don't work. Fix 'em up, I'd like to see your truncata highland!

Thanks, trashcan! This happens when you meddle with things you don't understand, in this case HTML: trying to make every pic open in a new tab messed up the entire file.

Fixed it now, go check :)

Works great now :)

Awesome plants. You've got a PM.

Back