What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gourami movie

Hello. This is my first video upload, so its kinda like a test
smile.gif
. Hope it works!

File size: around 3mb
Length: 50sec

Heres a video of my Fire Red Gourami building a bubble nest. You will see him breath air, deposit the bubbles in a nest (which is fairly obscured by my plants), and harass my hatchet fish, then repeat :p . Its quite entertaining to see him go at it. I am worried about the hatchet fish though since they may get sick from stress. To overcome this, I will probably get more to even out the picking. 2 hatchet fish is too little anyways (I had more, but they perished when I transported them from my old tank to this new one).

Enjoy
biggrin.gif
. Zongyi

Edit: bah, frogot to add the link
confused.gif

http://www.friendlyshare.com/link.ph....6l4w2f6

Zongyi, I'm checking this out at work, where I don'y have to deal with dial up. I used to breed Anabantids when I was a teen. I had 8 tanks set up and half of them were devoted to breeding Bettas, Dwarf, Thick Lipped, Pearl, Blue, and Paradise Fish.

So it works?

Are you still breeding them?

Zongyi

I'll have to check it tomorrow! Ran out of time to play. No, I put the tropical fish hobby on the backburner and replaced it with CP's.

Please do if you have time
smile.gif

As for the fish, sometimes I wonder what I'm looking for when I'm stareing at my CPs, so I need a hobby with something that constantly moves
laugh.gif
. Zongyi

I should have a lighter workload today.

But CP's are interesting and some gave pretty flowers. The best thing about this hobby is that once you get past the initial investment for soil and such, the this can be done on a shoestring budget. The Trading Post is our friend!
smile.gif

The budget part is really great. I would only be able to participate in one of the two hobbies if careing for CPs costs as much as aquariums :p . Zongyi

Turns out that I didn't have an opportunity today and my daughter is about to wrest the computer from me. Seems she wants to use it for schoolwork. I hate when that happens!

For some reason, it says I don't have enough credits left and that I should wait an hour. I haven't a clue as to what that means.  
confused.gif

Ah well, forget it. The host is too unreliable. We'll at least the test showed my mistakes. Now time to find a reliable video host
biggrin.gif
. Zongyi

Did I ever mention that I used to have 8 tanks set up in our basement when I was in high school? I had half of them devoted to breeding Dwarf, Thick-Lipped, Pearl, and Blue Gouramis, as well as Paradise Fish and Bettas. I used to use styrofoam coffee cups, folded in quarters, floating, to provide a place for the bubblenest.

Back