What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got two vft at lows

hi
when i got my plants at lows the traps were closed and have stayed this way for 4 days
is there any thing they may need how long do they take to open
the traps are empty help

well if they might've gotten set off right when you got them, then it says in the savage garden 7-10 days

Have you tried to open them with pliers?

just kidding of corse...

Sounds like some bored shop staff have spent their tea-breaks jabbing the trigger hairs to while away the misery of their working day. That's assuming Lows is a shop of sorts - I've never heard of them.

It's just a matter of waiting a few days for the traps to open again. If the traps were weak when they were triggered, or they've been triggered several times, the plant may just give up on them, let them die off, and concentrate on bringing on younger, fresher shoots. That's just part of the plants' way of dealing with exhausted traps and is nothing to worry about.

I'd concentrate on providing the plants with the things they'll need: the right light, humidity and water levels. They'll do the rest.

Barry Rice taught me all I know about VFTs on his website. Linkage to Wisdom!!

Good luck with yer plants,

Steve
smile.gif

thank you all i feel better now plants was only 2.00 each (close out sale) get it ...close out = closed traps .. oooh sorry javascript: InstaSmilie()
javascript: InstaSmilie()
you hit it on the head about (some bored shop staff have spent their tea-breaks) i guess i would have did the same when i was 12 thanks all always love reading your input nice bunch of people eddy

Back