What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got tons of fresh spag. moss and orcs. for trade

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Hi guys! i have TONS of Spag. for trade. i grew it in my bog garden for trading purposes, and i have many Pink Lady Slipper Orchids that i'd like to trade. I'm looking for small Neps. like campanulata, belli (i'd KILL for those two! i'm dying to get a cutting!) and N. Trich., N. gracilis (sp?) ESPECIALLY the nigrapurpurea type. Mini. Orchids would be a cool trade, too.

The Pink lady slipper orchids go for about $20 each, they make great outdoor plants all year round since they're native to the US. i am NOT selling them at ALL, just giving you an idea of how much they're worth. If you want to trade anything at all, even things i didn't list, please PM. me because you might have something i missed! I have got TONS of spag. to trade, so dont delay, PM me today!

Are the slipper orchids propagated plants? And do you know how old they are? In most areas they are protected plants so field collecting is a no-no. They also need some age on them before they bloom.

Bear in mind that native terrestrial slipper orchids (cypripediums) are different than the tropical slipper orchids (paphiopedilums or phragmipediums) you buy at most garden shops. They have different cultivation requirements.

Just wanted to note that so all is legal.
smile.gif

They are cypripedium acaule . I grow tons on my own property.

http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us/content/protectedplants.asp

on that site this plant is listed as U.
U Listed as unusual (and thus deserving of special consideration). Plants subject to commercial exploitation would have this status.

they are very large, . some are medium, all are flowering age (i know so because they had flowers this spring) i dont know the age, though.

oh, btw, i appreciate your concern about the legal stuff
smile.gif
i think it's great to see people concerned about conservation.

Back