What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got my vft's yesterday!

Hi everybody.  I got my VFT's yesterday and have them in their new home...hopefully I'll have better luck with them this time than in the past.  I have 8 very small plants total: 2 double-plants of Green Dragons and 2 double-plants of Dentates.  Each of the 4 Dentate plants had flower stalks on them already, and I cut all the stalks first thing this morning (thankfully they hadn't bloomed yet).  I have the plants in a 5 gallon tank with a glass lid open a bit to let the air circulate.  The tank is in a window at the back of the house that doesn't get direct sunlight, but gets very bright light from about 7 - 8 AM until about 6 PM or so.  Hopefully that will be enough, because I can't risk putting them outside as we'll be getting into the 110+ temperatures before too long.  If I can figure out how to post pictures on here I'll post them if anybody wants to see them.  If anybody sees any big mistakes I'm making in growing them, please don't hesitate to yell at me  
smile.gif
  I'd rather get criticized than have dead plants.  Talk to you later.

Tom

Back